Wednesday, April 8, 2009

College

To go to college or not to go to College, that is the question I have been pondering for a very long time. Several years ago I actually got as far as admittance, taking the entrance exam, talking to counsellor and then stopping dead in my tracks. I freaked out and ended up not going. Shortly after that I found out I was pregnant, so the thought of going to college was placed far back in my mind.

The thought of College has now resurfaced. This time I got as far as actually registering for courses this summer. I must admit I am a bit nervous. I wonder how I will be able to study, take care of the kids, and keep the whole house running at the same time. My goal is to be able to apply for the RN program next fall. I should have my pre reqs completed by then. The only catch is I have to maintain a high GPA and score high on the TEAS exam. Without those two things, my chances of getting in the program are slim.

This summer I will be taking introductory to psychology, English Composition, and Basic Algebra. I figure the summer will be my test run. If all goes well then it's off to the Fall semester. I never realized just how scary going back to school could be. I think it really is just a matter of the unknown. Hopefully it all goes well.

0 comments:

Blog Buttons

.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP